Thursday, October 15, 2020

Looking Back

Looking back to 8 years ago.... WHEW!  I mean... 8 years. C’mon! Even the front digit of my age has changed since I last blogged on one of my platforms. Lol!


SO MUCH HAS CHANGED! my goodness. I have even went in and out of a relationship.


was scrolling through the entries. I know I wasn’t always blogging here but I’m jealous of my younger self to be honest. There are times where I truly believe my younger self, would be disappointed in me, the me at the moment. Or rather, the me that has struggled the last 2 years.


My younger self seemed to be fearless and relentless about everything. it was just 8 years ago. 8 years is not a really long time, but 8 years ago I fought to be where I was. I fought unapologetically. I fought even when I was unsure.


8 years later, I’m picking up the pieces of myself that was strewn everywhere when I allowed myself to spiral out of control in just 2 years. It was my fault really. I allowed myself to succumb to such depths within myself, allowed helplessness to swallow my thoughts, allowed loneliness to overcome my being, struggled to let my voice be heard, allowed a culture that I have forgotten to shock me through my being and render me speechless.


2020 has been a whole situation on its own. To be honest, let’s sit back and give it a round of applause at the sheer impact it has on all our lives and how in a mere 9 months, so many things have happened and so fast at that. 


But 2020 was also the year that I told myself, enough is enough. Its time to take back my life. One bit at a time. Trust the process and the journey that life has put you on.

No comments: