Sunday, May 28, 2006

Met my mom today... Supposed to go watch DaVinci Code...

But well,

I bumped into my niece at PS instead.

She was with her friends... and well, i didnt realise she was there till she screamed my name for the entire of PS's Basement 2 to hear... and later on jumping on me... My niece's 12 btw.

Well, most of my nieces tend to do that, while the nephews climb all over me. But i digress.

Take note: She was doing all this in the presence of her GROUP of friends.

So yes, i had a group of girls staring at us... while she was screaming and later on introduce me.. "This is my aunt!!!"

Ok seriously, i have no idea whether i should take it as a compliment since she was saying with pride... Or otherwise.

I mean tell me dearest friends, when was the last time you were introduced to your relative's friends as their aunt/uncle?

NEVER!

that's the thing. For all i know, i could be the same age as some of the girls' eldest siblings or maybe even younger.

But, they were obviously staring in awe at me.

Coz, well,

1. i told her i'd meet her another time to celebrate her b-day with her...
2. i guess i dont look anything like an aunt...
3. tell me which aunt will allow their niece to pounce on them in public??

And later on, i found out the reason why they were staring at me.... Her friends thought that:

1. I'm really pretty (DIES!)
2. I'm really sweet (Seriously, i dunno why they said that... considering they didnt see me do anything sweet.. hmmm..)
3. And well, they thought i'm the coolest aunt... (again another, "Wat the" moment for me)

so in the end, i met my niece again after she left her friends... we went for dinner with my mom a.k.a the grandmother... WAHAHAHA!!

She told me that she wanted to watch "Over The Hedge". And since i wasn't doing anything else later on. I thought why not, even though i already watch it last saturday.

And i bought her a huge Chipmunk soft toy for her birthday present... Coz, i thought the chipmunk looked like her... Wahaha.. she was squealing in delight when she saw the chipmunk. i made her carry it though, the paper bag was huge and i was feeling lazy. wahahaha.. and it was a hilarious sight seeing the paper bag being dragged around (literally).

Random point #1: My niece thought i'm 16. She nearly died when she found out i'm reaching the BIG 2 this october.

Random point #2: I swear there are times that i'm so sure that alone is the word i'm gonna hear for the rest of my life. (this have no relation to the outing i had just now.. but ya.. lol)

Random point #3: My niece yearns to have pimples. I told her to stop talking nonsense.

No comments: