Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason. ... And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire ; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything"

- NEW MOON [Chapt 23, pg 514]

My breath caught as I continued reading the paragraph that seems to be screaming out at me, vocalizing the thoughts that i've kept hidden...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't ask me to move away from the one thing that means the world to me. Don't ask me to stop seeing the one thing that makes me smile from the heart. Don't ask me to stay away from the one thing that makes me calm.


Because I can't accept it. I can live in denial. But not for it to be stripped away from me.


A promise is a promise. I'm keeping it. Whether the other keeps it or not is another story. But I keep my word.


So don't ask me to do any of the above.


I won't. I can't.


I have my reasons.

Yes I'm irritated. with you.

No comments: