Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hari Raya is... NOT Over yet..

Been visiting my relatives. The grandaunts to be exact. Spent last sunday at Sennett Avenue and witness the old people indulge themselves in reminisence. The day spent in the garden, on the swings under the trees, was like a picture of eden.

Its uber sweet how they talk about their past. Their life. Their escapades. Their husbands.

It seemed so surreal that our grandparents married when they were 14 or so, lived their lives, had kids (lots of them sometimes) and went on even after their spouses passed on.

The emptiness in their eyes reflect the loyalty they buried within. The tone of their voice reflect the undying love for their partners that lived on in their hearts. The smile reflected the happiness and joy of the love they shared. The distant stare showed what they remembered so fondly off.

Somehow, my heart felt empty when I listened to their stories. At this day and age, where the mind ruled over the heart, you'll hear talks of individuals not wanting to have a family. To be able to live life by his or herself. To be independent.

Its when the festive season arrives, and the visiting occurs, that stories are told. So fondly. So everlasting. Forever etched in my mind. Even makes me want to have such stories to pass down to my children, my grandchildren, my great grandchildren...

But there's always the fear. The fear of being left behind not because of your partner passing on. Instead some other external factor. Yeah. I am perfectly aware that I'm not the most perfect woman to be with... And it has been lingering on my mind...

Alittle toooo long then it should.

----------------------------------------------------

I want a fairytale. Found it once.
I want a love that will last. Found it once.
To find it again is something rather questionable...
I want it all.

Greediness is not a crime. Its a healthy indulgence.
If you think Greed is a sin; Indulgence is meant to be sinful anywayz.
So its fine either way... =)

No comments: