Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Conversation.

Mom: I've reached a point in my life.
Me: What point?
Mom: You know.. that point where everyone i know is either sick or dying?
Me: In that case, I have reached a point in my life too..
Mom: What point?
Me: That point where nearly everyone i know is either attached, engaged, married, expecting or is already a parent.
Mom: *sighs* Time really flies.

When I'm here, i dont feel it. Heck. Sometimes I even forget I'm turning 25 this year. Nobody here cares about your age. Nobody here cares that you're waddling slowly to get to your destination. Maybe some people will not think that I'm waddling coz I have work experience under my belt. But, in Singapore's context, I'm definitely waddling. I think waddling would be considered fast. I think i'm like slugging behind. yeah. Slugging.

Then I turn on facebook and I see all these engagement photos my friends are posting up, their wedding preparations shoutouts, their expecting bellies updates and pictures of their kids. I really do feel as though I'm in a different world altogether. I'm no longer in that world. You know, that world where everyone is setting up their life.

Truthfully, I love my life right now and there's nothing I will do to change it. I love my social life. I'm beginning to love where I am. As shocking as it may sound to some. I'm loving it here. Which as a result makes me scared about what's gonna happen next year. The fact that I may get it and I may not. but hey. I know myself better than that. I should therefore give myself a little more credit.

But I really do feel as thought I'm slipping away from what I use to consider as familiar. Its only been 2 FULL years going on to 3 and I already feel like the outsider looking in. Amazing. I'm not going to complain, I can't complain. For, I have made this choice.

I should really start on my assignment before its all overdue. Seriously. Especially since I'm hoping to move house next week, i wouldnt wanna drag all these reference books all over the place. I should just finish it all and not procrastinate since my major essays have a higher word count than whatever i'm doing right now.

Peace out.

No comments: