Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Of Bus Stops and Scenic Walks...

Many would have known by now that I have moved down hill from Eden Hills to St Marys. But I am still unfamiliar with the buses that goes around my area... I know. Sad. But ya.

So there I was fasting and all rite. On Friday was the first time I took the wrong bus. Or was it Last thursday? I think it was last thursday. i was from Marion (its this huge shopping centre in the suburbs) and was waiting for the bus to go home when the bus 213 arrives.

See. I can take any bus that goes along City via goodwood road.

So I took 213 instead. What I didnt realise was that 213 actually goes City Via Goodwood Road and Daws Road. I am staying on Cashel St rite now. SO.

Daws Road is the main road adjacent to cashel st. So you think what's the big deal rite? I can just take 213, stop along daws road and walk home.

So I only realised that it went along Daws Road when I was in the bus, OBVIOUSLY. I stopped and crossed the road and saw on my left No. 1 Cashel St and on my right No. 2 Cashel St and straight ahead is along road through Cashel St.

Wanna know what's my house number? 128.

Yup. Its approximately 3.5km walk to my house. Its a long winding road steadily going uphill. I can't be bothered to wait for the bus that goes in coz I didnt know the timing.

So yes, I was walking. 3.5km all the way home. Hungry and tired and with the need to pee so bad and the grocery bag that was on my shoulder and my books!!! I couldn't take it anymore that I started eating Hungry Jacks that I bought to break my fast with while walking on that ultra long and scenic journey.

So you would think I would have learnt my lesson by then rite?

No. i didn't.

Yesterday, I took F40 back home. The reason why I took this bus is coz i always see the bus passing by everytime I'm climbing up the small hill to take the bus to uni. So I thought, ok. It passes by my house.

What I forgot was that, on the main roads leading into the City, the buses don't stop at every stop. They're what they call here the Transit buses. Where the journey to the city seems to be cut short.

SO yes, it stops at my suburb. only that it stops at Pasadena Shopping Centre. Pasadena Shopping Centre isn't exactly a shopping centre. Its like a building with a huge Foodland in it (Foodland is like NTUC).

And guess how far Pasadena Shopping Centre is from my house? Yes. About 2km.

Half way through my scenic walk home *rolls eyes* i need to pee. Again. Haiz.

So yes.

BUSES HERE CHEAT MY FEELINGS! Cb.

------------------------------------------------

So here I am at the Sturt Campus typing this out whhile waiting for 7plus to go for fencing. yes, I have decided to go for fencing today. After going MIA for about.. 6weeks? yeah. its been that long. Oh well watever la.

Btw, I prefer the Main Campus library than the Sturt Campus one even though there is more couches here as compared to the Main one.

But the comps here lag so bad!!

No comments: