Saturday, June 17, 2006

DREAMSCAPE 3.0
play. stop. rewind.

Let me bring you thru the 3 mths of work before we reached the production week.

Welcome everyone.

To the Dreamcape 3.0 journey from the eyes of one of the directors.

ME.

It started off as a dream. Yup, a dream journey. Everything was fine. Everything was going great.

I remembered the first 2 months of rehearsals. It was so fun, i remembered weaving certain characters together to form a single story.

I remembered the daily rehearsals that was planned to end at 5 actually ending at 1 or 2pm.. i remembered thinking that i have such an efficient cast...

That i thought i had my very own dream team.

I really believed in that dream team. Especially when the filming was done, script was on the way out.

Then i suppose every dream will turn into a nightmare.

Its bound to happen. I mean nothing good lasts forever.

I felt them losing the feel, i felt some losing the interest... I checked the calender and its a month away from production. I thought my cast was tired with school work or whatnots so i pushed that naggin feeling out of my mind.

So we scheduled a mass briefing.

Maybe it was a mistake to have it.

I definitely acknowledge my mistake.

My mistake as a director was actually not bringing the entire cast and team to visualize what i had in mind. My mistake was not telling them my vision, telling them what i would see in the end product.

I knew that was the biggest mistake, coz, we did things separately... so no one other than the directors have seen the full picture... and i'm sorry for that mistake of mine...

However, it was no excuse for the lack of faith. but i respect that. Each to their own i suppose.

I took everything that was thrown at me... head on. yes. i should have dodged it alittle.. but i didnt.. i took everything head on, regardless of how hard the impact was.

The directors shared everything together.. Our last minute addition to the team was Shikin. Yup, as last minute as it was... She accepted the role fearlessly.

Courage was what i observe my directors having tons of. The courage to go on with a dream. The courage to face things. The courage to push for the unknown. The courage to face anything that was thrown in their way.

We built a wall. A wall maintained by the directors. We held hands to keep it strong.

The stormy skies did not clear. It stayed for 3 weeks. Yup... The sun begin to appear again as the production week loomed near.

Things miraculously changed throughout the production week.

Suddenly, i have people being extra hard working... giving their all.

But then again, its better late than never. rite? RITE.

Yerp. A miracle happened.

The opening night and closing night was pure magic.

I remembered the journey everyone was put through during the preparation process. The lack of commitment for rehearsals. The difficulty to concentrate during rehearsals.

I actually teared on opening night.

Its hard not too...

I remembered every single incident, i remembered ever single face that kept me going. I remembered every single word that was exchanged. I remembered every hurt that i felt.

And to have a briefing rite before opening night was hard for me. Yerp. Coz, it finally happened.

It ACTUALLY happened.

It came and went. By the end of it, i realised that watever was performed that night was the exact same thing that i saw 3 mths ago in the initial stage.

Yup, i already knew my end product from the beginning.

I've dreamt of it countless times.

And on the 15th June 2006.

That dream became reality.

Closing night came.

I was tearing in the holding area as i heard my cast performing on stage... Yes, I was tearing... I was trying so hard not to lose control.. Tears were dripping on my script. Yup, my script was tear stained.

I was looking at the page of the script that the cast was performing live before me... And i remembered thinking to myself, "Look Nad, Just hear that. Did you realise how much they've transformed?"

By the time Scene 19 came... I was actually tearing quietly beside the door. Doing curtain call wasn't easy.

It actually marked the end of a journey.

During the de-briefing, i've never felt quite so appreciated before.

It was funny how uncomfortable i felt. I couldn't wait for it to end. Maybe its coz, i'm someone who finds it difficult to show certain thigns openly... so when it actually happen to me...

i was speechless. Definitely speechless.

By the end of it, i was numb. Yup. the feeling of satisfaction was great. Later on, i went to the tree on stage. The tree that i built (later on with the help of Hally to complete it). I did wat i did when it came to the end of opening night.

I went to the tree, i went behind the curtains, i looked out at the tree as i turned off the lights on the tree.

Blue first, followed by red... and yellow was finally turned off.

Then i came out from behind the curtains and stood there infront of the tree staring at it. And i told myself, "The end."

I could go on thanking various people. Yet, i feel that its never enough. So here i am thanking you all again.

To the freshies: (both fifis, rainbow, eel, fiona, hidayah, hina [issit?] and the one that wears specs.. lol.. sorry i cant remember your name!)
i never would have thought that it would have been a fun time over such a short period. I never knew i would have the opportunity to spend time with you guys. Its funny how i was under the impression i was somewhat disliked by you guys. lol. I will definitely remember you all. Its difficult not to. You guys are the future of DT, take care and with the enthusiasm that i've seen in you guys... i'm definitely looking forward to see what you guys will bring to DT. Just keep in touch.

Iguana:
Thank you for agreeing to be my costume and make up head. Its been fun. rite? I'm sorry if there were times that i lost my temper and accidentally took it out on you. I'm sorry for that. I dunno wat else to say... i'm just grateful for your presence to do the dreamers' make up... To get the entire group of freshies ready. Remember wat i tell you during our msn convo, ok?

Halimah:
I've given you the note, but somehow i felt that its not enough. Thank you Hally. We became friends because of a production. We stayed because of a production. We definitely became so much closer because of a production. I thank you so much for putting up with my crap during the production period. Basically, i thank you.

Melvyn:
YO! just wanna say countless of thank yous to you.. i'm sure you know that already, from the note and all. I'm sorry for putting you thru alot of things. I'm thankful for your presence. Really grateful for that. Thank you for being there whenever i'm down. Thank you for pulling me up whenever i'm lagging. Thank you for giving me a shake when you know i needed it. i dunno what else to say.. so thank you.

Directors:
I dunno what else to say to you guys. Everything's done. Everything's said. All i hope is that we'll never lose contact with each other. Its been an honour working with the both of you. We watch each others back, we look out for each other. We made it happen together.

The rest of the team:
Thank you for everything. Thank you for staying. Thank you for being there till the end. I'm glad that we started the journey together and we end it together as well. It has been some journey and i thank ALL of you for being a part of it.

__________________________________________________

TO all of you,


I dunno when we'll meet again. this might be a good bye to some... Maybe we'll meet each other again.. Maybe we might not. So i'll just take this oppor. to say... Good Luck to all and take care!!

I wish you guys all the best...


I know that i've made a statement once, sometime during this production during one of those times where i was frustrated... that i would never be in theatre again after this... But then again, i wouldn't know when oppor. will come knocking on my door. In other words, i'm not washing my hands off theatre. Yes kin. i'm listening to you.


so maybe, i might be working with some of you agian..

In another time, another place, another production.


So.. It'll be a goodbye for now, from me to you.


p.s: There will be a cast party. no worries.



-Nadira-
________________________________________________________


Hidayah:
Thank you for your poster design. Thank you for your programme booklet. Sorry for stressing you out with my requests for the poster and the programme booklet. But i know you still love me rite? lol!! Its such a pity that you missed my show.. it receive HIGH RATINGS from the audience from BOTH NIGHTS! too bad. dont believe me.. ask deena. she came to watch it with Haizad.

My friends & Cousin: (azi, deena & Nadia)
Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for coming. Thank you giving a listening ear when i needed it. Thank you once again. I hope you guys enjoyed the show. And thank you for coming to ALL my shows so far.. wahahaha. Love ya'll loads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all of you for coming or taking this journey with us.

For now, the dream has end and reality resumes as per normal.


Signing out finally, leaving the dream behind.



This is Nadira.

One of the Directors for Dreamscape 3.0 -Play. Stop. Rewind.-

No comments: