Saturday, October 27, 2007

MY TOLERANCE LEVEL IS AT A DANGEROUS LOW

Turning 21 doesn't mean that my tolerance level has gone up a notch. Yup. NOPE! especially when the past few days has been highly annoying!

Its Hari Raya still isnt it? yup yup. Well. we do go out with our friends every single hari raya.

I'm going out with my secondary school friends today. There were very few of us. we have settled to a very small group eversince sec sch. Hey, malay families dont really send their children to convents unless their parents are open-minded. Yes at this day and age, there is still such thing.

With a small group, there was you know... still some miscommunication about dates. Even though, the dates were set 3 weeks ago. ok fine. whatever. that was easily resolved. The 3 of us are still meeting.

I went to tertiary education at place where it was highly populated by my race.

I did have culture shock when i entered poly. Really. From a school of medium malay population to a school with barely any malays to a school where i see them at nearly every corner of school.

The culture shock was.... there were so many malays. and my problem? I couldnt really speak malay at that time (but that doesnt mean i failed Malay for 'O's! getting a B is even unacceptable for me).

My malay had an english accent while my english had a chinese accent. Its bad.

But anywayz, i thought, HEY! At least here my hari raya would be more fun! or so i thought.

The dates was set the same time i set my sec sch outing. 3 weeks. And here i thought it would be more than enough time to give people time to plan their time properly, to plan their outings and not drag it till the week itself and afew days ago... STILL unconfirmed. The best part? The date wasnt set by me.

I should have known better. What can i expect out of you know... i may sound very racist here. But maybe i am pissed. Maybe i am just very thankful by my upbringing. I'm definitely thankful who my close friends are...

At least, when people look at us... they know that not everyone is the same. There are still people who are able to put aside their differences and still come together all civilised.

No comments: