Monday, June 01, 2009

Maybelline Gel Liner / Eyestudio


Yup this is the thing as I was referring too in my previous post and as Hally requested, this is a review.

I've been using this thing close to a year and I'm still at the same pot that I bought close to a year ago. There's a reason why this product became no. 1 product in Japan when it was first launched.

What are my thoughts on this product?

1. APPLICATION - The brush is soft (therefore the bristles do not hurt your eyes upon application) and the gel is smooth... Therefore, its easy to apply.

2. MOISTURE - Like I say its been with me for the past yr and it has not dried up the way other brands have dried up on my friends... In particular, Deena's Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner.. In the period of my one pot (which is still not finished) Deena already replaced hers twice coz it dried up... lol!

3. PRICE - Its Maybelline... How expensive can it get? Its about time pple reach out to the masses yo!

4. COLOURS - It comes in 4 colours... But I'm not sure whether Singapore has all the colours the other countries have... When I bought it 2 days after it was launched, Singapore only had black and brown. The colours of this thing is rich! The black is jet black, the brown is alittle darker than a milk chocolate brown, the purple is plum and the blue or was it green? watever it is.. its rich..

5. CONVENIENCE - The pot is small and the brush is slim, its able to fit into a standard size make-up bag.

6. UPKEEPING - The gel comes off easily with just a wipe of a normal facial wipe or any make up remover. You dont have to use an oil-based make-up remover. So... That's what you do with the brush... Wipe it with your facial wipe or any of your make up remover to maintain the bristles, preferably after every use... If you dont then your bristles will harden and it'll be like poking your eye with a needle! lol.. but that doesnt mean it cant be removed once its harden.. it still can... quite easily actually.

7. VERSATILITY - Since application is with a brush, you control the thickness of your application if you intend to apply it to your upper lid and you could also smudge it for your classic smoky look... It works fine on your waterline as well..

Conclusion:

I dont really have much complains about this product. I guess some who have never tried a moisture rich eyeliner will fine it alittle sticky after applying it... but you'll get used to it after awhile... I find it quite long lasting even though it is not waterproof. I suspect retouching would be after 6 -10hours depending on individual's skin type.

Basically, i think this is a worthy investment and a great addition to anyone's make up kit. =)


Hally, I hope this review is sufficient.. lol! Anything else you want me to comment on? LOL!

No comments: