Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Love lifts us up where we belong...

Mel passed me Lovely Complex the other day and I just finished watching it off my PSP coz my comp's soundcard is spoilt...

There's some things about the show that actually made me stare at it in disbelief and actually rewind the entire thing to watch it from the beginning again before i actually settle down to watch it fully.

One would be surprised at how much the show actually affected me.

There were too many similarities that exists in that shows that actually mirrors reality. At least, my reality.

As the lead girl's says, "Pulling at my heartstrings". That is exactly how the show made me feel.

There were too many times where the lead girl's wanting to give up believing that the guy do not like her. Due to various differences and circumstances. Her reactions to situations. Her friends at times not knowing wat to tell her. Her lack of confidence. Her wish to be like the girl he has always liked. Crying over the things that made them different from each other, things that people believe wont bring them together.

I stared into the episodes. Speechless and in disbelief. How can something fictional mirrors reality so much?

She chased not wanting to give up even after she said she will.

But its normal isn't it? I mean, when a girl falls for someone, SHE REALLY FALLS! When she thought she will never fall any deeper, she's constantly proven wrong.

Then she realises. She can no longer deny to herself what her feelings are. How can a girl give up once she has accepted the fact that she has feelings for the guy? Even if she did say she will, unconsciously, she wouldn't. Even if she knows that she doesn't exist in his eyes.

Love.. Its about give & take isn't it? How you'd still smile at the thought of the other despite of any argument.. and you'd wonder how is that still possible?

I guess that's one of the many wonders of being in love and that's wat makes it so complicated... I mean if love was so easy to sort out and easy to define then no one wouldn't find joy in loving someone if its so straightforward... rite?

By the end of the show, I was smiling at the things it triggers. Its like a bittersweet memory isn't it?

No comments: