Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hi, I'm from Mars! You?

This, is Week 'O'. and I had my orientation just now.

I'm the exotic looking girl where nobody knows from where.. and even then, they're still shocked when they found out i'm not australian.. *faints*

I'm the only asian in my first yr undergrad bachelor programme. (There's this other Malaysian guy around. but he's rather annoying. so, no one really bothers talking to him.)

I'm known as the girl that doesn't really have an accent, have no idea where she's from but we all know that she has big beautiful brown eyes!

I really don't know how to react to that. really.

I have no idea whether i'm ugly or wat lor! but then.. everyone's somewhat young and SLIM! idiots. i feel fat.

So we had to play a game just now... BINGO. its like descriptive random phrases and you have to put in the name of the people that you think fits it.

There was a box for, not born in Adelaide, has brown eyes, etc.

So everyone ran to me when i have no idea who said that, SHE'S NOT LOCAL to someone (not that loud of course)

and suddenly i was specimen A.

let me show you an example of one conversation i had.

there was one girl saw me and asked me... OMG! everyone's saying you're from singapore... so is like singaporean your first language?
me: *chokes on lemonade*
me: erm.. no.. we speak english perfectly well and singaporean is our identity..
her: ohhh really? i work in an asian restaurant and they have all these singaporean dishes..
me: ohh wow.. ok..
her: so what;s your modules?
me: i'm taking the politics majors..
her: oh wow.. you're really smart..


I really didnt know how to react to such things.

So in the midst of nearly everyone writing my name in that box (after looks of shock that i'm not local and awe that i'm singaporean) suddenly someone was like.. i love your eyes! they're really brown! like milk chocolate! beautiful too~

then everyone stared and then those who already had someone in the tab of not born in adelaide wrote my name in "has brown eyes" box.

I just stared. In horror.

Unlike someone who got approached by fellow region counterparts and asked whether he's japanese, i sadly didnt receive any of that. all i got was winks and smiles. bleargh~!

somehow, i suddenly dont see any other fellow region counterparts anymore. especially at the cafe just now. i have no idea why!!

and my first friend is jade. she's platinum blonde, has greenish brown eyes and really really really pretty. well at least i think she is. pretty i mean. she's doing a double degree in art/education.. so ya.. might be seeing her ard sch.. who knows.. *shrugs*

so today,

I was Specimen A.

I'd be better of in a medicine degree don't you think? as long as i'm not something to be stared at and then write a thesis on. LOL~!

I'll try to update more often k? byeee.. me going off again... soon. i realised. i dont really have much clothes for sch. so me is going jay jays.

No comments: