Monday, July 24, 2006

I've been distracted unconsciously.

No matter how stupid that might sound. But its true.

The mind is seriously a dangerous place to be in and to be totally absorbed by it. Coz, you start remembering. You start remembering, the good, the bad, the jittery, the everything!

And then the other thing about it? You get absorbed in even more everytime you tell yourself not to think about it too much.

the irony of certain things.

----------------------------------------

So, as an attempt to distract myself. Lemme indulge in one of those stupid but entertaining (at least to me) blog entries.

I met a friend the other day. I was shock at the change while he still expect me to be the way that i am. *rolls eyes*

One thing he didnt expect was the fact that i've graduated.

Another little fact about this friend of mine is that.. he loves to irritate me... by talking in a know-it-all manner and i'm cleverer than you tone with that idiotic smug look plastered on his face.

He: "That was fast!!"

Me: "You don't expect me to stay there forever rite? 3yrs have passed you know. Anywayz, what are you doing now?"

He: "NS la. What else?"

Me: "Huh? Still in NS? *bursts into fits of laughter* That's long!!!"

He: "You dont have to rub it in you know. Besides, i'm ending already. Going Uni soon"

Me: "Oh? Where and what you doing?"

He: "NTU, Comp engineering. you continuing rite? you this kind."

Sidetrack: What was that suppose to mean? This kind? Do i look like i love books to bits and geeky to you?

So then he started interrogating me on my results which was bloody irritating.

He: "So how's your results?"

Me: "OK la"

He: "Define ok"

Me: "Hey! Dont use my technics on me! Ok la... how i wanna define ok somemore?"

He: "Can get into local U or not?"

Me: "Cannot la."

He: "Then that one not OK wat"

Me: "Eh excuse me, no matter how much you think you're damn clever, if you're in my course you wouldnt get in local U as well ok.. or at least in the course that i wanna go. HRMPH!"

I seriously hate it when he does that to me! argh. Bloody shit. Please bear in mind that all these took place on my way home. So in other words, we were in the bus bickering like there's no tomorrow and i even ignored my mom la. bloody hell.

He: "Continue your studies str. la. You wanna wait for wat? Waste your time."

Me: "*pouts* you sound like a parent!"

He: "hahaha. i do that to you often anywayz, so get use to it. Go apply local Uni la... Then i can go to school with you"

Me: "Go to school with you?!?! NO WAY! I'll be mentally tortured daily if i go to sch with you!"

He: "You know, i always thought we could end up going Uni together, and i thought that after NS would be just nice for the both of us to be in Uni at the same time dont you think?"

Me: "Seriously, being freshman with you is not exactly my idea of perfect uni days you know, like i said. I dont wanna be mentally tortured. Besides, i dont wanna go NTU."

So after constant bickering about mentally torturing each other. We came to the topic of employment. And also to the fact of what i intend to pursue.

Me: "Looking for job now la."

He: "Nonsense ah you. I still dont see why you dont wanna cont immediately"

Me: "Coz, mister, i wanna go overseas"

He: "Where?"

Me: "UK."

He: "Why cant you just stay in Singapore? I remembered you telling me once when you were in yr1 that you can be a Paralegal once you've graduated. So why do you have to go UK when you can be a Paralegal in Singapore?"

Sidetrack: Is it me or does he have a great memory?

Me: "I want more to life than just to be a Paralegal you know"

He: "Forever. *rolls eyes*"

Me: "Besides, what's wrong in going UK? You, yourself, were just nagging at me 5 seconds ago at how i should continue my studies."

He: "Ok fine. Wat you wanna pursue?"

Me: "Law."

He: "LAW? for wat? Being a paralegal is fine enough as it is. At least its nice"

Me: "For wat? Isnt it kinda obvious? I wanna be a lawyer la... Duh! And what's wrong with that?"

He: "Lawyers are heartlesss"

- I nearly fainted when he said that. GRRR!! I would have strangled him if i had the chance.

Me: "They're only heartless in court.. *rolls eyes*"

He: "Whatever you say... *rolls eyes*"

So at this point, he reach his stop already so we were still bickering while saying our goodbyes and then i went to my mom complaining about the recently ended conversation.

Then this is wat my mom said.

Mom: "I've always found him nice and charismatic. He's a great guy."

Me: "ARGH!!!! Cant you see? He just tortured me out of my wits! How can you say that he's nice?"

*FAINTS A THOUSAND TIMES*

I alighted the bus with a feeling of disbelief and high level of irritation. so ya.

And now, i've entertained myself by typing all of that out.. i shall go to bed. wahahhaha...

No comments: