Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The day PART of Singapore was vulnerable...

Like FINALLY.. the light came on at 1200 midnight sharp.. argh.. it like delayed my homework doing lah.. let's see where was i when it all when dark...

I was in 72... just as it turned into hougang i saw the light go off one by one.. so i thought only that area was blackout lah.. i was like.. how exciting.. how i wish that my block has a black out.. it has been a long time since we experience a black out... then when i reached the interchange... i realised that the entire hougang had the black out..

It was nice to see Singapore back in its ol' Kampung days... so i had.. to walk through the interchange to change bus.. and the entire interchange was pitch black and the best part it was deserted... and there i was walking through it alone.. finding my bus berth... It was peaceful in an eerie way.. it was so calm.. like cemetery..

Anywayz, then i saw lights flickering several blocks away... i was like.. DAMN!! lights are back on... but soon enough i realised that it was just candles... people swaying with candles.. hahaha.. damn happening.. and it didnt made my journey home a scary one.. coz people were singing along with each other... with candles and all..

Then when i reached home.. underneath my block.. i didnt dare to walk towards the stairs.. coz it was the darkest part of the already dark block... and obviously i started imagining all kinda scary movies.. that's when i called my mom to come down.. but then.. i reached upstairs before she could even come down.. lol...

so ya.. i had the most romantic dinner of all time.. eating quietly beside few candles... then there was my aunt fanning herself manually.. and later on.. i did my work Kampung Style... The GOOD O'L DAYS... hahaha..

and then i realise i couldnt do certain things without the internet.. DAMN!! that was when me and my mom was rushing towards the comp once the lights were back on.. and she pushed me of the chair so that she can finish her work first.. hahhaa

No comments: