Monday, December 22, 2008

I've waited for the day you might change.

I prayed and long for the day that you would actually be proud of me for who I am.

I prayed for the day that you would talk about me the way you talk about the rest.

I prayed for the day that you would trust me coz I am no outsider but your own flesh and blood.

I prayed for the day where you would not doubt my actions and not have such thoughts of me.

I hoped through all those years.

I hope through all those disappointment that one day.. Just one day, you would be proud of me. Even for that one second. I would be satisfied.

I hate the way you're afraid of what others would think.

I hate the way you look at me and I can see the reflection in your eyes.

I hate the way that you blame me for everything without seeing the reason behind things.

I hate it when you accuse me and the reason reflected within your eyes even if you dont say it out loud.

I know I have always lived my life the way I want it to be. Made my own decisions, choose who I wanna be with or hang with and took my own steps.

I knew of the times that you were unhappy of my actions, but i really didn't care... Coz at the end of the day, its my life to live.

But there was always that glimmer of hope that one day, you would see me as who I am and for what I am.

I still tried pleasing you. THAT, was my mistake.

So now,

That hope faded. Yes, that flickering light extinguished. I gave up hoping.

Coz rite now, I really don't care who or what you think of me as long as I'm happy doing the things I do.

No comments: